This site is statically generated using Hugo. A special thanks to Giraffe Academy for their great tutorials on Hugo (and many others).
As for templates and styling: I’m in the process of developing my own styles/theme (so there will be some bugs) using SCSS with the intent on keeping things as flat as is possible and with a few dependencies as is possible. I am looking to several repos for inspiration/guidance:
- Hugo Paper
- Hugo Creative Portfolio
- Some info on Breadcrumbs
- CSS Tricks has some great exampes of CSS grid in use
- And a little hack to keep grids all square
- Really gread advice and code from Tomango (UK)
https://practicaltypography.com/ https://medium.design/crafting-link-underlines-on-medium-7c03a9274f9 https://codepen.io/anon/pen/dWaRKW https://codepen.io/jxnblk/pen/jCmwK
I’m also using Daniel Box’s Kitchen Sink demo to help debug.
Dependencies + Setup
- Feather Icons
- p5.js for HTML canvas and DOM manipulation
- two.js for SVG graphics
- Rubik for most headers
- Spectral for body text
- Roboto Mono for code and notes
Some things that I love (but am not currently using)
- blot.im Static site generation via Dropbox.
- I should also prob use Brunch (or something like it) to do some background tasks and to also streamline the pre-processors
- Maybe do some of the “Lab” stuff in Observable